Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why iPhone uses iCloud smtp server?

What is a SMTP server?

why iCloud SMTP server is use?

Just making sure I does is correct on settings because according to the picture info is just activated when the primary serve is not responding but right no show SMTP server is the primary.

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 3:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2022 11:41 AM in response to Manyedmana

Hello Manyedmana,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you have questions about the SMTP server for iCloud. This is the outgoing server which mail is sent from your device with in iCloud Mail. You can add other SMTP servers beneath as indicated in the screenshot.

You can find more information here: iCloud Mail server settings for other email client apps - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jul 6, 2022 3:24 PM in response to K_Faith

Thank you so much for clarifying that info o was concern because my windows surface l was hacked the open a work school account with GitHub account. And I was Locked up of my computer so it’s a night mare so I just wanna make sure they my don’t go into your system. Also create a Wi-Fi network so any feed back to protect myself please let me know. I am learning programming terms to make sure I am not giving access to them and I notice Apple support is the only should I not access any windows account from my iPhone. Is my cellular data internet safe? I don’t use Wi-Fi at all ? I use hotspot to log in into my pc but I put forget device after and not connect automatic

Jul 6, 2022 3:53 PM in response to Manyedmana

Manyedmana,

It's great that the clarification you received explaining what SMTP means simplified things for you. As for your follow-up questions, using Cellular Data to browse the internet should be fine. If you have further questions regarding issues pertaining to Cellular Data, please reach out to your wireless carrier for continued support since they are best suited to answer your inquiries directly.

Lastly, when it comes to browsing the web over WiFi, we recommend using your best judgment to determine if it is safe or not for you to join, as we cannot provide feedback since all WiFi networks are configured differently.

Thank you for reaching out to the Apple Support Community.

Cheers!

Why iPhone uses iCloud smtp server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.