Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod version 9.3.5

I've changed BOTH my Apple ID and my password. My iPod is still showing the old ID, AND I do not remember the old password.

1. When I go to Settings on the iPod, the iCloud account still shows the old ID next to my name and the icon.
  2. When I tap <name, ID> under iCloud, the next screen shows "Apple ID" and the old ID.
  3. When I tap "Contact Information", the next screen shows the icon and my name at the top with the new ID.
  4. I cannot sign in to iTunes from the iPod because it's linked to the old ID and old password.
  5. I cannot "Sign Out" of the iPod as advised in previous threads, because it wants the old password.

I would very much appreciate advice! How can I get my current Apple ID and associated password onto this iPod?

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 5:49 PM

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

1 reply

iPod version 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.