Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the user/owner of a MacBook Air

My wife gave me her MacBook Air (13 inch, Retina display, 2018 - macOS Monterey 12.4) a few years ago.

I know her password, however, before I can use auto-filled passwords for websites, etc. I have to input my user password.

I tried eliminating her user account.

What do I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 3:38 PM

larryg27 wrote:

My wife gave me her MacBook Air (13 inch, Retina display, 2018 - macOS Monterey 12.4) a few years ago.

I know her password, however, before I can use auto-filled passwords for websites, etc. I have to input my user password.

What do I do?

Follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 3:38 PM in response to larryg27

larryg27 wrote:

What do I do?

Follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Changing the user/owner of a MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.