Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app?

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app? The app and pictures are still on my iPad. How can I bring them back to my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:28 AM

Look in your Pictures folder (Go/Home/Pictures). Is your Photos library there? If so, double click on it and it should open. If the library is not there, Option-Click on the Photos app icon in the Applications folder, or in the dock, and you should see a pop up menu with a list of your Photos libraries. Click on one to open it. If no libraries are revealed, then you probably inadvertently deleted it or moved it to a weird location that the Photos app can't find.

All else failing, and assuming that you have no backup of your Photos library, create a new Photos library and copy over the photos from your iPad library.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Micp0907

Look in your Pictures folder (Go/Home/Pictures). Is your Photos library there? If so, double click on it and it should open. If the library is not there, Option-Click on the Photos app icon in the Applications folder, or in the dock, and you should see a pop up menu with a list of your Photos libraries. Click on one to open it. If no libraries are revealed, then you probably inadvertently deleted it or moved it to a weird location that the Photos app can't find.

All else failing, and assuming that you have no backup of your Photos library, create a new Photos library and copy over the photos from your iPad library.

-- Rich

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.