Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spam

i just wanna know why it is 2022 and we dont have the ability to stop spam texts. i have literally never once received a text msg from an email address that wasnt spam. why is there not an option to turn off and auto block all incoming email texts? with the spam getting more and more rampant every day since like 2010 it baffles me that apple has not come up with a solution to this yet. i get between 4-8 spam msgs a day and even more robo/spam phone calls. i have all the filtering on but as someone with ocd and seeing the blue icon with unread msgs is very mentally unsettling for a person like myself.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:11 AM

Spam is annoying, but there are some steps you can take to stop seeing spam related messages!

This support page goes into how to detect and block unknown callers: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support.

For Messages:

1. Open Settings on iPhone
  2. Scroll down and tap on Messages
  3. Scroll down (near the end) and toggle "Filter Unknown Senders" on.

Your Messages app will look a little different when opening it, but you can now filter by All Messages, Known Senders, and Unknown Senders. You'll want to select Known Senders. To Filter, please click on "< Filters" in the upper left corner and select which option you'd want.

Mail will be a little more challenging, however, possible. If you're receiving constant spam that is similar in nature, most if not all Mail providers allow you to create inbox rules.

The easiest way to setup Mail rules will be from https://www.icloud.com/mail/ or using the Mail app on macOS.

macOS: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Safari: Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Spam emails are annoying and part of the reason is online websites and companies selling your personal information (including your email). Your email could also be leaked when one of these companies is infiltrated. It's definitely worth the price to upgrade to iCloud+ and utilize Hide My Email. Hide My Email allows you to generate fake emails to use instead of giving them your real, personal, email. Tired of Spam? Deactivate that email address. You can learn more about Hide My Email here: What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 5:11 AM in response to tylerworks22

Spam is annoying, but there are some steps you can take to stop seeing spam related messages!

This support page goes into how to detect and block unknown callers: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support.

For Messages:

1. Open Settings on iPhone
  2. Scroll down and tap on Messages
  3. Scroll down (near the end) and toggle "Filter Unknown Senders" on.

Your Messages app will look a little different when opening it, but you can now filter by All Messages, Known Senders, and Unknown Senders. You'll want to select Known Senders. To Filter, please click on "< Filters" in the upper left corner and select which option you'd want.

Mail will be a little more challenging, however, possible. If you're receiving constant spam that is similar in nature, most if not all Mail providers allow you to create inbox rules.

The easiest way to setup Mail rules will be from https://www.icloud.com/mail/ or using the Mail app on macOS.

macOS: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Safari: Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Spam emails are annoying and part of the reason is online websites and companies selling your personal information (including your email). Your email could also be leaked when one of these companies is infiltrated. It's definitely worth the price to upgrade to iCloud+ and utilize Hide My Email. Hide My Email allows you to generate fake emails to use instead of giving them your real, personal, email. Tired of Spam? Deactivate that email address. You can learn more about Hide My Email here: What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support.

spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.