Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot start family sharing. xxxx my icloud info is used for shared purchases in *my moms name* family. Ask *moms name* to send you an invitation to join family sharing.

apple is literally so confusing omg. i hate it sometimes. does anyone know how to fix this? my mom isn’t here right now with her phone and she doesn’t know much about technology. how can i remove myself from this sharing?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:42 AM

To leave family sharing, read this --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in the end? From the first message it sounds like you are already part of a family sharing group. You can only belong to one at any one time.

If your mother needs to send you an invitation to join her family group, she will have to send you the invitation. Read this to find out how: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

Also, are you under 13? Special rules apply in that case.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 8:42 AM in response to shanessa81

To leave family sharing, read this --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in the end? From the first message it sounds like you are already part of a family sharing group. You can only belong to one at any one time.

If your mother needs to send you an invitation to join her family group, she will have to send you the invitation. Read this to find out how: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

Also, are you under 13? Special rules apply in that case.

Cannot start family sharing. xxxx my icloud info is used for shared purchases in *my moms name* family. Ask *moms name* to send you an invitation to join family sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.