Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover messages in iPhone?

I accidentally deleted my messages with a friend and now i don’t know how to get them, is there a way i can without resetting my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:53 PM

If you were syncing Messages with iCloud and deleted them, they can't be recovered. If you weren't syncing Messages with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup on your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:53 PM in response to xbasichaileyx

If you were syncing Messages with iCloud and deleted them, they can't be recovered. If you weren't syncing Messages with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup on your Mac

How can I recover messages in iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.