Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail - external drive

My mail client is taking up a lot of space. How can I determine what to delete, what to save to external drive etc. If I can save unneeded mail to an external drive, how do I do it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:20 PM

Only you can decide where you want certain emails saved. However, you can export any mailbox to another drive by clicking on "mailbox" and selecting export. You could make a "on my mac" mailbox and moved emails that you want to keep on your Mac then export the mailbox you just moved them from to an external drive which will contain email you just do not presently require.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 4:20 PM in response to MoFlo

Only you can decide where you want certain emails saved. However, you can export any mailbox to another drive by clicking on "mailbox" and selecting export. You could make a "on my mac" mailbox and moved emails that you want to keep on your Mac then export the mailbox you just moved them from to an external drive which will contain email you just do not presently require.

Mail - external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.