Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't the summary appear when using quicklook on epub formatted ebooks?

When I select an ePub formatted ebook in the Finder and then press the Space bar, a preview window opens showing a thumbnail image of the book cover, the file name, the file size and the "Last modified" date. Here is an example of an ebook containing a summary which doesn't get shown:

In the past, if an ebook contained a summary, then I would also get a summary but this is no longer the case even for ePub ebooks containing a summary.

Does anyone know how to get this feature back. I've tried various QL plugins without success and don't understand why macOS doesn't have this feature built-in.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:05 PM

I went back as far as macOS El Capitan 10.11.6, and see the same information as you show above for QL on an EPUB. Thus, Apple has not changed any EPUB viewing QL plugin features since that release, and if you were expecting more displayed data, it leads me to believe that you were using some unknown third-party QL plug-in that is no longer compatible with Monterey.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:05 PM in response to numbles45

I went back as far as macOS El Capitan 10.11.6, and see the same information as you show above for QL on an EPUB. Thus, Apple has not changed any EPUB viewing QL plugin features since that release, and if you were expecting more displayed data, it leads me to believe that you were using some unknown third-party QL plug-in that is no longer compatible with Monterey.

Why doesn't the summary appear when using quicklook on epub formatted ebooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.