Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Lagging After any Action

Hello everyone,

I hope to find some solutions to a problem I have been having recently.

Anytime I drag my clips into a new timeline, there is constant lag and the rainbow wheel pops up and lasts around 5 seconds, then I can continue with my task. Whether that be cutting, moving, detaching audio, adding graphics, changing the transform scale, etc. this always seems to open.

When I was looking around online for solutions, I noticed a lot of folks saying that Google Chrome could be the culprit. Well, I uninstalled Google Chrome, and it is still causing me issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, here is my EtreCheck Report:

-Raphael

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:15 PM

Chrome has been removed but you still have a keystone component loaded. It's probably inconsequential but better to remove it. See https://chromeisbad.com for why this is, and how to remove them completely.

[Loaded] com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist (Google LLC - installed 2022-07-06)

Uninstall the Surfshark antivirus software. Do not run any antivirus software continuously. 
Use MalwareBytes when you think you might have a problem. Run it and switch it off. 

Then there's this:

[Loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Updater.plist (MacPaw Inc. - installed 2022-07-05)

This is basically malware for pro apps. It damages system software that's needed for production. You should uninstall it completely. Unfortunately that's often not enough because the damage has already been done in "cleaning." In which case you may need a clean wipe and reinstall of the OS migrating only the users and then clean installs of the applications. Just trying wiping out CMM and its components to start.

I also didn't see the Pro Video Formats installed. You might check System Information Installations to see if version 2.2.3 is installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 4:15 PM in response to rhp4real

Chrome has been removed but you still have a keystone component loaded. It's probably inconsequential but better to remove it. See https://chromeisbad.com for why this is, and how to remove them completely.

[Loaded] com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist (Google LLC - installed 2022-07-06)

Uninstall the Surfshark antivirus software. Do not run any antivirus software continuously. 
Use MalwareBytes when you think you might have a problem. Run it and switch it off. 

Then there's this:

[Loaded] com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.Updater.plist (MacPaw Inc. - installed 2022-07-05)

This is basically malware for pro apps. It damages system software that's needed for production. You should uninstall it completely. Unfortunately that's often not enough because the damage has already been done in "cleaning." In which case you may need a clean wipe and reinstall of the OS migrating only the users and then clean installs of the applications. Just trying wiping out CMM and its components to start.

I also didn't see the Pro Video Formats installed. You might check System Information Installations to see if version 2.2.3 is installed.

Final Cut Pro X Lagging After any Action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.