Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iPad Air software to iOS 14

How do I update my air iPad to iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:45 PM

Here is how to update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Given you’re asking about iPadOS 14 and have probably poked the software update button a few times, you’re several years back, and which usually means that your iPad is too old and unsupported by newer iPadOS versions; the hardware is not sufficient for newer iPadOS versions. No, there are no hardware upgrades. If your iPad is to old to update, your options are a newer (used, refurb) or new iPad.

Here are the versions supported by the current iPadOS, and this is the same list for iPadOS 13, iPadOS 14, and iPadOS 15:

If you decide to purchase used, here is the list for the next iPadOS version arriving later this year:

And some cautions about used-equipment purchases and some related and too-common scams:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 4:45 PM in response to mzygmunt

Here is how to update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Given you’re asking about iPadOS 14 and have probably poked the software update button a few times, you’re several years back, and which usually means that your iPad is too old and unsupported by newer iPadOS versions; the hardware is not sufficient for newer iPadOS versions. No, there are no hardware upgrades. If your iPad is to old to update, your options are a newer (used, refurb) or new iPad.

Here are the versions supported by the current iPadOS, and this is the same list for iPadOS 13, iPadOS 14, and iPadOS 15:

If you decide to purchase used, here is the list for the next iPadOS version arriving later this year:

And some cautions about used-equipment purchases and some related and too-common scams:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

How do I update my iPad Air software to iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.