Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy isn’t sending request to my device.

Hi there

When my child asks to buy in the App Store then I do not receive a notification on my phone to accept the request.

This used to work no problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 8:12 AM

Hi Thomsko,

You mentioned your wife was recently added as another approver. Is your wife perhaps managing the purchases before you get them? What happens when you check Notification Center later on your devices do you see the notification then? 

Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

This information is from Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

You also mentioned "on more than one occasion," does that mean that sometimes you do get notifications? If so, do you occasionally use Do Not Disturb or Focus to limit your notifications? You can change your notification alerts using the guidance in Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If you use Focus you can "Allow Time Sensitive" notifications, which will push through any Ask to Buy notifications. Check out Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for more information.

If you continue to experience issues after following the steps and suggestions above, please contact Apple Support for additional assistance: Get Support.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Thomsko

Hi Thomsko,

You mentioned your wife was recently added as another approver. Is your wife perhaps managing the purchases before you get them? What happens when you check Notification Center later on your devices do you see the notification then? 

Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

This information is from Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

You also mentioned "on more than one occasion," does that mean that sometimes you do get notifications? If so, do you occasionally use Do Not Disturb or Focus to limit your notifications? You can change your notification alerts using the guidance in Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If you use Focus you can "Allow Time Sensitive" notifications, which will push through any Ask to Buy notifications. Check out Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for more information.

If you continue to experience issues after following the steps and suggestions above, please contact Apple Support for additional assistance: Get Support.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Jul 7, 2022 6:10 PM in response to Thomsko

Hello Thomsko,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Ask to Buy not working.

If you tried all the steps in the help article you came from: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

The next step would be to disable this feature on both you and your child's device, then restart both devices.

Then, go back and re-set up Ask to Buy and test: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If it still isn't working after setting it back up again, please contact Apple Support: Apple Support

Thanks.

Jul 7, 2022 11:04 PM in response to Eric--F

Thanks for the reply Eric F.

I have tried all of your suggestions on more than one occasion but I am still not receiving the ask to buy request notifications.

I have changed my wife to a parent instead of adult on our family set up and she now receives the ask to buy notifications but I still can’t.

This seems like a common problem for people over the years, how come this bug hasn’t been rectified yet?

Thanks

Craig

Jul 8, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Alex_Han

Hi Alex,

No I still don’t get the notifications even when my wife is not managing them. I didn’t receive them before I changed my wife’s status to parent and I am still not receiving them now.

I do use do not disturb but only on a night time and it is never on during the day.

I don’t use focus at all.

I receive every other notification apart from ask to buy and screen time ones requested by my children.

thanks

Craig

Ask to buy isn’t sending request to my device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.