Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder with Default Setting

Hi, I'm using Finder and I want to use a default behavior for all the folders I open. I would appreciate your help.

Regards

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 6:13 AM

Open a Finder window (for example, Macintosh HD) then in the menu strip click View > Show View Options (aka CMD-J). Set the options you want to view, then click "Use as defaults:"

3 replies

Jul 19, 2022 10:45 AM in response to Gyldas

I don't have that window in MacOS Version 12.4 Monterey. There is no "Use As Defaults" button.

In addition, I would like each column view to open up right sized for the content otherwise I can't read it. I have to right size each column every single time I navigate to a different folder. This has been an ongoing issue with FINDER that required a third party software. I can't believe Apple has not fixed this yet..... unless I'm missing something???

Finder with Default Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.