Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost a great amount of my contacts. How do I retrieve them back?

I lost a large amount of my contacts. How do I retrieve them back?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 6:24 AM

Contacts “belong” to email accounts; each email account on your phone may have associated contacts. Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts and see which accounts have Contacts enabled (it will say “contacts” below the account name). If you delete an email account any contacts associated with it will disappear; likewise if the account stops working.

If you look in Settings/Contacts there is a “default account”. This is the account new contacts will be saved to.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 6:24 AM in response to Cyrusmc3

Contacts “belong” to email accounts; each email account on your phone may have associated contacts. Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts and see which accounts have Contacts enabled (it will say “contacts” below the account name). If you delete an email account any contacts associated with it will disappear; likewise if the account stops working.

If you look in Settings/Contacts there is a “default account”. This is the account new contacts will be saved to.

I lost a great amount of my contacts. How do I retrieve them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.