Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer print to HP OfficeJet Pro

I suddenly cannot print from my MacBook Pro to my HP Office Jet Pro 9010 . The job just stays stuck with the message "Printer in use" showing up and never prints. My Dell laptop prints just fine. It's just a Mac issue and started a few days ago. I have rebooted the computer, deleted and reloaded the printer in the System Preferences, no help. I'm using BigSur 11.6.7. Do I have to update OS?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 9:08 AM

Hi,

Are you using AirPrint? The HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-In-One Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported model. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wired (Ethernet) and wireless connections, so the printer could be connected to one of the LAN ports of the router (if necessary).

Is it possible to print a report directly from the printer's control panel?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06220009.pdf#d0e22528

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, you could perhaps try the following procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer(s), the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer(s). Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 9:08 AM in response to Moas66

Hi,

Are you using AirPrint? The HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 All-In-One Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported model. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wired (Ethernet) and wireless connections, so the printer could be connected to one of the LAN ports of the router (if necessary).

Is it possible to print a report directly from the printer's control panel?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06220009.pdf#d0e22528

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, you could perhaps try the following procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer(s), the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer(s). Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Can no longer print to HP OfficeJet Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.