Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods won’t reconnect to my iPhone. Please help

My left airpod stopped working. I followed the instructions to reconnect. Didn’t work. So I followed instructions to “forget device” on Bluetooth and now my AirPods won’t reconnect to my phone. Please help

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 8:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2022 11:24 AM in response to Tercol05

Hey Tercol05,

Sounds like you're unable to connect your AirPods to your iPhone. We'd be happy to help out.

You've mentioned that the left AirPod stopped working. To clarify, is the right AirPod still connecting as expected? Also, if unable to connect to your AirPods at all even after unpairing them, be sure you've completed all the following:

"If you can't connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• Make sure that you have an iPhone or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS, or an iPad with the latest version of iPadOS.
  • Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging.
  • To make sure that Bluetooth is on, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If your AirPods are connected, make sure that they're selected as your audio device. If your AirPods appear in the list of devices but they don't connect, go to the next step.
  • Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the charging case for up to 10 seconds. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.

AirPods charging cases

• Hold the charging case, with your AirPods inside and the lid open, next to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  • Follow the steps on the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  • Test your AirPods. If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods."

All this and more is available here: If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

If the steps above don't help out, also check out: If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

My AirPods won’t reconnect to my iPhone. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.