Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i print a book that i create in pages

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:30 PM

Print is a generic term here.

You can print a PDF from Apple's Preview application, or a Pages document from Pages directly to your printer. You cannot print an EPUB generated from Pages and opened in the Apple Books application.

A Pages document will not pass muster at professional print shops, and they may require a color corrected PDF for input that cannot be created on macOS (e.g. PDF/A, or PDF/A-3) by exportation from Pages. Although one can output a PDF/A-2 PDF from Apple's Preview, it will still need to be submitted to a PDF verification tool.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 1:30 PM in response to rubitz

Print is a generic term here.

You can print a PDF from Apple's Preview application, or a Pages document from Pages directly to your printer. You cannot print an EPUB generated from Pages and opened in the Apple Books application.

A Pages document will not pass muster at professional print shops, and they may require a color corrected PDF for input that cannot be created on macOS (e.g. PDF/A, or PDF/A-3) by exportation from Pages. Although one can output a PDF/A-2 PDF from Apple's Preview, it will still need to be submitted to a PDF verification tool.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.