Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make an old iPod 6th Gen Classic work with bluetooth?

(1) I have an old iPod 6th Gen Classic lying around that I've never used but would like to. I'd like to use it now with a new bluetooth speaker. I've read that there's an app that will let me add bluetooth. Anyone know about this?

(2) I've also read that I can use it as a portable hard drive. Can anyone direct me to an article that will tell me how to do that? Thanks very much for any help out there!

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:37 PM

1. No. no app will magically give it a bluetooth transmitter. That is a piece of hardware, not some app. You can add a Bluetooth transceiver to it by connecting it to the Headphone Jack. link-> Wireless Bluetooth Aux Car Adapter - Portable Mini Bluetooth Lossless Music Receiver Transmitter - Amazon.com
  2. You can set the iPod to Disk mode and use it as a storage device:
    1. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds until it resets, then switch to PLAY+SELECT as soon as the Apple logo appears, again for about 6 seconds to put the machine in disk mode. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds to reset the device back to normal when done.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2022 1:37 PM in response to Turtlewiz

1. No. no app will magically give it a bluetooth transmitter. That is a piece of hardware, not some app. You can add a Bluetooth transceiver to it by connecting it to the Headphone Jack. link-> Wireless Bluetooth Aux Car Adapter - Portable Mini Bluetooth Lossless Music Receiver Transmitter - Amazon.com
  2. You can set the iPod to Disk mode and use it as a storage device:
    1. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds until it resets, then switch to PLAY+SELECT as soon as the Apple logo appears, again for about 6 seconds to put the machine in disk mode. Hold MENU+SELECT on the iPod for about 6 seconds to reset the device back to normal when done.

Can I make an old iPod 6th Gen Classic work with bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.