Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new 24" Imac and I would like to return it and get my money back. I expected much better

I bought a new 24" Imac and I would like to return it and get my money back. I expected much better

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 3:51 PM

13 replies

Jul 8, 2022 7:38 AM in response to Terqel

I see, okay all of those items can be addressed the same way as your older iMac. Please give AppleCare a phone call, let them know you have compromised eyesight and they will help you to adjust your system. As for your Mail, you may need to also speak to your ISP to ask for their assistance so you know what settings to address on your Mac.

Please click AppleCare Contact Info to find the phone number in your area.

Jul 8, 2022 11:50 AM in response to Terqel

I don't know what your sight problem is but I've got MD and glaucoma which is slowing eroding my sight. I have problems looking at white backgrounds so I use the Dark Mode. This gives me the following desktop (with my custom Desktop picture) and menu bar in the Finder:

This is the menu bar up close:

It's much easier to see for me. I've set the following preferences so that I get slightly larger menu and text in menus:

This has make my iMac much more useable for me.

Also I have set the zoom function like this:

so I can hold down the Control key and zoom up in size with the Magic Mouse when needed.

Jul 7, 2022 9:34 PM in response to rkaufmann87

thanks for responding, Firstly, the machine will not recognise email POP accounts, imap is no problem. Secondly, the machine has very small numbers indicating how many emails are in my Imap mail boxes. These cannot be changed in any way ( bold and size) Thirdly the machine has a button to increase the top memu bar to large size. this button does not work. Safari top menu will not change in size either when Safari is enlarged. I have a eleven year old 21" mac that handles all these issues perfectly and naturally I thought a new M1 24" would do the same . I have compromised eye sight and thought the 24" screen would help. I have no problem with my 21" except it is slowing down and hanging.

Jul 10, 2022 5:49 PM in response to Terqel

Thanks for your interest, I probably have not explained myself properly. I bought this Imac M1 24" on the 30th June. I have contacted Apple support 3 times and we have screen shared 3 times. The last time the support person got the supervisor who said he could not fix it . The issues are built into the machine. He also questioned whether I looked at a machine on the retailers floor. I did but my expectations were a lot higher given 11 years experience with a i3 21" Imac. I will go over the issues again. The menu bar at the top of the screen cannot be enlarged. Firstly, In "system preferences" top line there is a pane called "Menu bar & Dock." the funny thing is there is NO menu bar settings. Secondly, In System preferences Accessibility pane has a "Display" option and "Menu Bar" option and the 2 drop down options are "Default" or "Large" but they do not work. Nothing happens Turn machine off turn machine on.

Now the to email issues, I have 2 accounts set up on the machine, one is imap and one is POP. The imap in can send and receive and set up new mailboxes as you would expect. The POP account i can send and receive but cannot set up any new mailboxes I get a drop down option for "On My Mac" or my Imap account. The machine is completely blind to the POP account. That is not what I expect. The funny thing is my eleven year old Mac allows me to set up as many new POP mailboxes as i like. I would like to know if any one with an M1 24" can offer any advice please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.