Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download my pictures from iTune Sync or backup?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 1:06 AM

Sorry, but you can't extract photos inside a backup created by iTunes on your computer.

Photos synced from your computer can't be transferred back either, they should still be on your computer in those folders you selected to sync to the iPhone.

However, you could restore your phone from that backup, and transfer the photos to your computer after that.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

If you create a backup in iCloud before you start restoring from the iTunes backup, you can get your data back by suing the iCloud backup to restore from.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 1:06 AM in response to ravikatre

Sorry, but you can't extract photos inside a backup created by iTunes on your computer.

Photos synced from your computer can't be transferred back either, they should still be on your computer in those folders you selected to sync to the iPhone.

However, you could restore your phone from that backup, and transfer the photos to your computer after that.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

If you create a backup in iCloud before you start restoring from the iTunes backup, you can get your data back by suing the iCloud backup to restore from.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.