Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add drivers license

Why can’t I add my drivers license to my wallet

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:27 AM

Do you live in a state that supports this feature? Currently only Maryland and Arizona support this. If you do have a license from those States, check the link below for some guidance as to how to setup and use the feature.

Add your driver's license or state ID to Apple Wallet - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 8, 2022 2:05 PM in response to Kncl2025

Hi Kncl2025,

I second and will only emphasize apfelkopf's reply in that there are currently only two states as of iOS 15.5 that allow for the uploading of your driver's license to Apple Wallet in Arizona and Maryland. Perhaps by the launch of iOS 16 at least 50% or all 50 states will have the go ahead to upload your license to the Wallet App.

Jul 8, 2022 2:52 PM in response to Kncl2025

You should understand the “heavy lifting” of Mobile ID implementation is performed by state agencies. (generally the same folks who issue your driver’s licenses now)

It’s not AT ALL as simple as “scanning your current ID” into your phone.

MUCH effort and validation is required to prevent MobileIDs from becoming the ultimate, state-sanctioned, fake ID bazaar.

Try going to your state’s ID authority web site; search for “Mobile ID” to learn about your state’s implementation plans and status.

can't add drivers license

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.