Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove a device - with iCloud

Hello,

My iPhone 13 Pro Max was stolen from me.

I had insurance on the device, however, the replacement device requires me to use "find my phone" to unlock the activation lock and remove the phone.

I did this, however, according to the insurance company, the iPhone's find my phone is still active.

I no longer see the device in my icloud account or in the locator app.

How can I turn off the iPhone search feature without the device being associated with my icloud account, or what can I do to turn it off?

Currently my claim is pending due to the above problem.

Thanks,

Levente

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:20 AM

5 replies

Jul 8, 2022 4:49 AM in response to levente229

You shouldn't have removed the device from your Apple ID.

Please refer to this support page for the proper steps to take when you lose your iPhone: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support.

If you had AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss you can file a claim here: File an iPhone Theft and Loss Claim - Official Apple Support.

Unfortunately, if you've removed the device from your Apple ID you won't be able to report the device as lost or stolen. You can try contacting Apple Support for further assistance: Official Apple Support.

Jul 8, 2022 11:26 AM in response to WheelieNick

Yes, these are exactly the steps I have taken.

The "remote wipe of device content" could not be done because the iPhone was not connected to the internet. Regardless, I activated the "Remove lost device from account" function via icloud.

The device is no longer available in either the locator app or my icloud account. "Find my phone" is still active, which is causing the problem.

Jul 8, 2022 11:25 AM in response to WheelieNick

Yes, these are exactly the steps I have taken.

The "remote wipe of device content" could not be done because the iPhone was not connected to the internet. Regardless, I activated the "Remove lost device from account" function via icloud.

The device is no longer available in either the locator app or my icloud account. "Find my phone" is still active, which is causing the problem.

Remove a device - with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.