Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the last update, I am having to "quit" Safari, before I can open it from the menu bar. What's going on?

After the last update, I am having to "quit" Safari, before I can open it from the menu bar. What's going on?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:24 PM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 5:24 PM in response to CWH321

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Jul 8, 2022 1:37 PM in response to CWH321

Howdy,

Are you saying you need to quit Safari before you can open it from the Dock?

If so, how are you quitting it?

If it is still in the Menu Bar, then it isn't quit, just it's windows may have been closed.

If it is still open you can open a new Safari window with ⌘N or File > New Window.

Please let us know more details on what is happening.

Thanks,

ivan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.