Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was given an Apple Watch and they forgot the password so I reset it but it is locked what can I do to get it unlocked

Someone gave me and Apple Watch because they forgot the password and so I reset it and it still has a lock on it how do I go about gettting the lock off?

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:31 AM

You will not be able to access the Apple Watch without knowing the Apple ID credentials for the user that set it up. This is to prevent stealing. If you were truly gifted the Apple Watch you'd need to go back to that individual and have them unlock it.

If they forgot their Apple ID they can refer to this support page: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 5:31 AM in response to harlee113

You will not be able to access the Apple Watch without knowing the Apple ID credentials for the user that set it up. This is to prevent stealing. If you were truly gifted the Apple Watch you'd need to go back to that individual and have them unlock it.

If they forgot their Apple ID they can refer to this support page: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

I was given an Apple Watch and they forgot the password so I reset it but it is locked what can I do to get it unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.