Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fillable checkbox in pages?

Hi, I'd like to add a fillable or "checkable" check box in my pages document, can that be done and how?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:50 AM

Not supported. Because Pages is not a Word clone, it does not have a form builder that would allow you to create a check box or fillable form inline with body text. The Pages table facility does not offer a cell checkbox data format as does Numbers. Creating a cell rule that would validate if a ✓ character exists in a cell and change the cell color if it does, apparently does not work in Pages v12.1 either.

If you need this inline form capability, I would stick with MS Word.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 9:50 AM in response to lvcfp

Not supported. Because Pages is not a Word clone, it does not have a form builder that would allow you to create a check box or fillable form inline with body text. The Pages table facility does not offer a cell checkbox data format as does Numbers. Creating a cell rule that would validate if a ✓ character exists in a cell and change the cell color if it does, apparently does not work in Pages v12.1 either.

If you need this inline form capability, I would stick with MS Word.

Fillable checkbox in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.