Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad color scheme

Hi, My ipad color scheme looks to be distorted. Tried resetting the device to factory settings but it didnot resolve the problem. Any idea on what is causing this please?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 9:14 AM

If the screen colours appear to be distorted or unnatural, you need to check some key Accessibility settings that are intended to compensate for specific colour-vision issues:

Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size

Ensure that all settings enclosed within the red box above are switched OFF/Disabled.

Otherwise, depending upon your installed version of iOS/iPadOS, you’ll need to look at your Dark Mode settings:

Settings > Display & Brightness > [Appearance]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 9:14 AM in response to kirank82

If the screen colours appear to be distorted or unnatural, you need to check some key Accessibility settings that are intended to compensate for specific colour-vision issues:

Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size

Ensure that all settings enclosed within the red box above are switched OFF/Disabled.

Otherwise, depending upon your installed version of iOS/iPadOS, you’ll need to look at your Dark Mode settings:

Settings > Display & Brightness > [Appearance]

Jul 8, 2022 9:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion. I did try the accessibility options and left all disabled except auto brightness as you have shown. Checked dark mode settings as well, it looks all normal as you have shown. I have tried to show the difference in the color scheme in the picture below, especially red/blue/yellow tone seems to stand out, doesn't look natural. It affects watching netflix but youtube videos seems to be unaffected.

ipad color scheme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.