Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get my Apple Watch to charge consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t respond to the connection. I’ve tried cleaning and restarting the Watch. Any suggestions ??

Cannot get my Apple Watch to charge consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t respond to the connection. I’ve tried cleaning and restarting the Watch. Any suggestions ??

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 11:47 AM

Follow all the steps in the 'Get help' section of:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Make sure that you plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable all the way into the USB Power Adapter, then make sure that you plug the adapter all the way into a power outlet. Make sure the prongs are making good contact with the outlet.

At least make sure the cable is not frayed and, if possible, try a different Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable or USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable, and a different USB Power Adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 11:47 AM in response to DebsterAW

Follow all the steps in the 'Get help' section of:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Make sure that you plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable all the way into the USB Power Adapter, then make sure that you plug the adapter all the way into a power outlet. Make sure the prongs are making good contact with the outlet.

At least make sure the cable is not frayed and, if possible, try a different Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable or USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable, and a different USB Power Adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.