Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with apple music

Got HomePod mini yesterday. Set it up easily and all worked great. Today, when I ask it to play music, it responds with "Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music". Any idea what to do to fix the "problem"?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 11:26 AM

Can you open the Home app and confirm your HomePod Mini is connected to the Internet?

Please read this support page for help: If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support.

3 replies

Jul 20, 2022 9:45 AM in response to soonermark

People have been complaining about this problem for some months now. It also keeps happening with my HomePod minis. They are also connected to an Apple TV 4K as a pair. I physically switch off the three of them and the Wi-Fi on my router every night or when I leave my home. I don't like wasting energy for nothing when I don't need it, and also think that it's good to switch off my Wi-Fi when it isn't needed. So, whenever I want to use the HomePods, I switch on the power switch on the power bar they are connected to (the Wi-Fi has usually already been on for a while in these cases and works fine with all other equipments, many of them from Apple as well), and they presumably boot from scratch. During this new boot sequence they should set up everything correctly if the software installed in them would be coded correctly. But it doesn't work. Every time Siri will respond with "sorry, there is a problem with Apple Music" when I ask her to play some music.

Problem with apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.