Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I switch my settings for my messages from Forever to 30 days or 1 year on my iPad does it change the setting on my IPhone and delete the old messages on my iPhone also?

If I switch my settings for my messages from Forever to 30 days or 1 year on my iPad does it change the setting on my IPhone and delete the old messages on my iPhone also? I don’t need to store the old messages in both places - just on my iPhone. I use the same Apple ID for both devices

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 6:35 PM

If you’re using messages in iCloud (Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support) then yes. Deletions on any device sharing those messages in iCloud would be sync’d across all devices and iCloud.

1 reply

If I switch my settings for my messages from Forever to 30 days or 1 year on my iPad does it change the setting on my IPhone and delete the old messages on my iPhone also?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.