Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup not fully restored on new phone

so i recently just upgraded to a new phone and i had previously backed up my icloud before getting it and even on the morning of. but when i got the new phone and everything was apparently “restored”. i find that i’m missing a huge portion of conversations in my text messaging. all my conversations from jan - mar 2022 completely disappeared. it makes me feel a bit sad because that time period meant a lot to me and losing them and being unable to look back is a huge loss. so i was wondering if there was a way i could get those 3 months of conversations back at the comfort of my own home?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:12 PM

SMS messages do not pass through iCloud. IMHO, the only way to back it up is by using a computer and doing an encrypted backup. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any way of restoring those SMS/text messages. :(

Similar questions

2 replies

icloud backup not fully restored on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.