Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care+ for Mac Mini M1 (Australia) Any thoughts?

Lots of older answers in the archives. I know it differs from country to country. I'm in Australia. Cheers.

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 4:38 AM

Back in 2006 I purchased AppleCare for one of the first Intel iMac's that hit the market. That Early iMac lasted me for over 10 years without any issues, but others were not so lucky.

Since then, I have purchased 3 Mac Mini's (2010, 2012 & 2018) without AppleCare. All are still in service today without any issues, but others have not been so lucky.

If I was purchasing one of the new Silicone Mac Mini's or Mac Studio's this early in the game, then I would purchase AppleCare for it. Currently my 2018 Mac Mini puts me in a good position to wait and see how reliable the Silicone Mac's really are.

Either way, it's a gamble. The question is, how lucky do you feel with the new technology.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 4:38 AM in response to kajravR

Back in 2006 I purchased AppleCare for one of the first Intel iMac's that hit the market. That Early iMac lasted me for over 10 years without any issues, but others were not so lucky.

Since then, I have purchased 3 Mac Mini's (2010, 2012 & 2018) without AppleCare. All are still in service today without any issues, but others have not been so lucky.

If I was purchasing one of the new Silicone Mac Mini's or Mac Studio's this early in the game, then I would purchase AppleCare for it. Currently my 2018 Mac Mini puts me in a good position to wait and see how reliable the Silicone Mac's really are.

Either way, it's a gamble. The question is, how lucky do you feel with the new technology.

Jul 9, 2022 5:13 AM in response to kajravR

My feeling about AppleCare is that it is like insurance. You may never need it but when you do you're glad you have it.

Considering the integration of Apple computers into single logic board (most everyone else is moving this direction), if a RAM chip, SSD chip, or anything else dies you will be replacing the entire logic board, which is almost as expensive as buying a new Mac. At least you will have peace of mind for 3 years. Generally, if electronic devices die, they will die at a young age.

Jul 9, 2022 5:16 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. They are most helpful. Yes, it's a gamble, and just because I've had luck with my present Mac means nothing regarding future purchases. Though I haven't conducted a thorough research, what I have read vis-a-vis troubles with the Mac Mini M1concerned compatibility with programs and peripherals. I've read numerous accounts of very happy customers who purchased the MM M1 immediately it came on the market. Anyway, we were speaking of gambling. I have a good feeling about the new technology. I believe I know how I will roll the dice.

Apple Care+ for Mac Mini M1 (Australia) Any thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.