Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting the error message that The video is in a format that can’t be streamed to this TV. How do I fix this?

It will play 1 episode but when the next episode starts I get the error message again. How do I fix this?

4200X,

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:40 AM

What are you trying to stream? Some issues are specific to the originating app or content provider, and limitations they impose.

From what device and OS version are your trying to stream? There may be minimum system requirements that apply.

4200X,

Many Roku streaming sticks support the Apple TV app directly. For Apple TV app content, you wouldn’t need to use AirPlay, and AirPlay limitations wouldn’t apply then.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

Else check these support documents:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 3:40 AM in response to CDavis73

What are you trying to stream? Some issues are specific to the originating app or content provider, and limitations they impose.

From what device and OS version are your trying to stream? There may be minimum system requirements that apply.

4200X,

Many Roku streaming sticks support the Apple TV app directly. For Apple TV app content, you wouldn’t need to use AirPlay, and AirPlay limitations wouldn’t apply then.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

Else check these support documents:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

I keep getting the error message that The video is in a format that can’t be streamed to this TV. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.