Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new I pad mini stuck on apple I d

new I pad mini stuck on apple I d.

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 1:13 AM

If your iPad is new out of the box, has not previously been set-up by you and requires an AppleID password - return the iPad to your retailer. A new device should not require an AppleID Password or device Passcode; a new device should initially present a “hello” screen, from which you can complete setup of the iPad as your own.

If you have attempted to setup the iPad from the “hello” page, please describe what has occurred to bring you to this state - as more information will help to inform appropriate guidance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 1:13 AM in response to ht-lt-pack

If your iPad is new out of the box, has not previously been set-up by you and requires an AppleID password - return the iPad to your retailer. A new device should not require an AppleID Password or device Passcode; a new device should initially present a “hello” screen, from which you can complete setup of the iPad as your own.

If you have attempted to setup the iPad from the “hello” page, please describe what has occurred to bring you to this state - as more information will help to inform appropriate guidance.

new I pad mini stuck on apple I d

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.