Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I safely use the 29W adapter for fast charging my iPhone 13?

I just got a new iPhone 13, and I have got q 5W USB power adapter and a 29W USB C power adapter from my old MacBook. I saw that Apple recommends buying the 20W USB C adapter but I don’t want to buy it if I don’t need to. So my question is whether I can safely use the 29W adapter for fast charging? I use the 5W one when charging at night because I figure it is better but I’m not even sure about that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:19 AM

You sure can! Any adapter is fine for charging. In fact, your 29W adapter is able to fast charge your iPhone. From this article-

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:
- Apple 18W, 20W, 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
- A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 2:19 AM in response to alphonse225

You sure can! Any adapter is fine for charging. In fact, your 29W adapter is able to fast charge your iPhone. From this article-

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:
- Apple 18W, 20W, 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
- A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter - Apple Support

Can I safely use the 29W adapter for fast charging my iPhone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.