Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID password

Hello, I had a Apple ID code sent to me yesterday out of the blue. Through text AND displayed on my phone screen. Should I be worried?? Was I hacked??? What should I do?

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:26 AM

To be safe I’d recommend changing your passwords.

If you have Two Factor Authentication (2FA) setup you should be okay as someone would also need access to one of your devices before logging in. Please read this support page if you don’t have it set up: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

Just be careful where you’re entering your emails and passwords. Consider upgrading to iCloud+ to utilize the Hide My Email feature: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 3:26 AM in response to bryanfromharleysville

To be safe I’d recommend changing your passwords.

If you have Two Factor Authentication (2FA) setup you should be okay as someone would also need access to one of your devices before logging in. Please read this support page if you don’t have it set up: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

Just be careful where you’re entering your emails and passwords. Consider upgrading to iCloud+ to utilize the Hide My Email feature: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.