Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music is blacked out

Traveled to Europe and not able to play a number of songs on my iPhone 11. Getting a message stating..

“This song is not available in your country or region.”

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:15 AM

Hello Panayotoupolous,

Apple Music songs are licensed, which means they may not be available in every location. Did you change the region/country of your Apple ID when you travelled, or are you using a SIM card for a different country? If so, that also impacts what App and iTunes Stores are available.

Cheers

3 replies

Jul 10, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Panayotoupolous

Panayotoupolous,

We can understand the concern there. This page here can help to go over that particular topic with some helpful info: If your songs are grayed out - Apple Support

If it had started happening after switching regions for the Apple ID or the device, then the songs in question may not be available in the new region to play as availability can vary by region.

If this does happen to be the case, they may be accessible again once you're in the original region again. The "If a song isn't available in Apple Music" section of the above link can help to go over other reasons it may not be accessible.

Take care.

Jul 10, 2022 9:45 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hi ShannonM1.. Thank you for replying to my plea for help. Left California and arrived in Greece a couple of days ago. Going to Zakynthos to watch over my dad. This stay could be somewhere between 6 months to a year. I have not changed SIM cards. I really could use the music to help me through this time. I appreciate whatever advice you could give me. Thank you🌷

Music is blacked out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.