Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share the storage space with my family members?

I have spare storage space, don’t want to downgrade my storage plan, thinking if I can share the space with my family members without breaching the privacy of data stored.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 5:50 AM

You can share iCloud storage space with your family - and many other things - by creating a Family Sharing group.

See what Apple says about a Family Sharing group at What is Family Sharing?

Then Set up Family Sharing

"Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share music, films, TV programmes, apps, books, subscriptions including iCloud+ and more, all without sharing an Apple ID."

When your members are joining the group they can accept the offer to share your iCloud storage plan. At that point they migrate to your iCloud storage plan.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 5:50 AM in response to Cbtherider

You can share iCloud storage space with your family - and many other things - by creating a Family Sharing group.

See what Apple says about a Family Sharing group at What is Family Sharing?

Then Set up Family Sharing

"Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share music, films, TV programmes, apps, books, subscriptions including iCloud+ and more, all without sharing an Apple ID."

When your members are joining the group they can accept the offer to share your iCloud storage plan. At that point they migrate to your iCloud storage plan.

How can I share the storage space with my family members?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.