Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am traveling to Italy do I need a special charger or adapter to charge my iphone 13

I am traveling to Italy do I need a special charger or adapter to charge my iphone 13

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 7:32 AM

might be helpful if you tell us what country you will be traveling FROM.. as many countries have different plug types.

Aside from any adapters you might need.. look at the charger you use for your iPhone. If you're in North America, your voltage is 120 volts. Europe will have 230 volts. So the input voltage rating should be a range of approximately 100-240 volts. if you can find the rating listed as such, then the charger will be fine.

Here are some things I typically recommend.. I have each of these Orei items and have never been disappointed. Amazon should sell them as well. My links are to the manufacture website. There are other brands of course, this is just my favorite.

This adapter is like an adapter power strip.. and has USB A/C ports for charging devices

This adapter is nice and convenient, covers several different plug types

This adapter set also covers most, if you do your research, then you just bring along the one or two you need, saving valuable packing space

*** note that NONE of these items are voltage converters. The device you plug into these adapters needs to be rated for the voltage where you will be traveling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Pj2011

might be helpful if you tell us what country you will be traveling FROM.. as many countries have different plug types.

Aside from any adapters you might need.. look at the charger you use for your iPhone. If you're in North America, your voltage is 120 volts. Europe will have 230 volts. So the input voltage rating should be a range of approximately 100-240 volts. if you can find the rating listed as such, then the charger will be fine.

Here are some things I typically recommend.. I have each of these Orei items and have never been disappointed. Amazon should sell them as well. My links are to the manufacture website. There are other brands of course, this is just my favorite.

This adapter is like an adapter power strip.. and has USB A/C ports for charging devices

This adapter is nice and convenient, covers several different plug types

This adapter set also covers most, if you do your research, then you just bring along the one or two you need, saving valuable packing space

*** note that NONE of these items are voltage converters. The device you plug into these adapters needs to be rated for the voltage where you will be traveling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.