Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless charging working, but port charging not

My iPhone shows that it is charging when plugged in (cleaned port and swapped outlets and cables, restarted), but it does not gain charge. It does, however, gain charge when on a wireless charger. Is this a hardware problem with the iPhone and how to go about fixing it?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:31 AM

If the support article you came here didn't help, then it is possible that the charging port on your iPhone could be the issue. If you already checked it for debris, then it may be damaged/faulty. As such, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your repair options.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Selden77

If the support article you came here didn't help, then it is possible that the charging port on your iPhone could be the issue. If you already checked it for debris, then it may be damaged/faulty. As such, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your repair options.

Wireless charging working, but port charging not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.