Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone7 find my will not open find my is a shade of grey not responding to taps

find my iPhone not responding cannot turn on or off

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:48 AM

Bigbob23,

To clarify, are you seeing that Find My is grayed out when you tap Settings > [name], or is it in a different location?

From your description, it sounds possible that Screen Time restrictions are enabled, as this can prevent changes to some settings. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Is anything turned on here? This guide has more detail for reference: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know! Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 8:48 AM in response to Bigbob23

Bigbob23,

To clarify, are you seeing that Find My is grayed out when you tap Settings > [name], or is it in a different location?

From your description, it sounds possible that Screen Time restrictions are enabled, as this can prevent changes to some settings. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Is anything turned on here? This guide has more detail for reference: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know! Take care.

Jul 10, 2022 10:39 AM in response to Bigbob23

Hello Bigbob23,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

How to turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone 
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap [your name] > Find My.
3. Tap Find My iPhone, then tap to turn it off.*
4. Enter your Apple ID password. Forgotten your password
5. Tap Turn Off. 
If you no longer have access to your iPhone, you can remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

More details can be found here: Turn off Find My on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? How are you attempting to disable Find My? What happens when you try to disable it? Also, is the device currently in your possession?

Good Luck!

iphone7 find my will not open find my is a shade of grey not responding to taps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.