Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iOS for iPad with iOS 5.1.1

I want to put games on an older iPad for a non-tech person use. iPad has iOS 5.1.1. Newer games don’t load. But it says the software is up to date. How do I update the iOS?

iPad

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 2:24 PM

You have not mentioned the model of your device, but it must be very old if iOS 5.1.1. is the last update it is eligible for. Since it says it is up to date, you cannot update any farther and many Apps will not work on such an old device. Developers update their apps for newer models, but do not maintain them for old models. I just checked, your iPad must be a generation 1, 2, or 3 and cannot be updated. That update is from 2012!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 2:24 PM in response to MSheldon1188

You have not mentioned the model of your device, but it must be very old if iOS 5.1.1. is the last update it is eligible for. Since it says it is up to date, you cannot update any farther and many Apps will not work on such an old device. Developers update their apps for newer models, but do not maintain them for old models. I just checked, your iPad must be a generation 1, 2, or 3 and cannot be updated. That update is from 2012!

Update iOS for iPad with iOS 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.