Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode isnt Installing

I tried installing Xcode on appstore, but this error occurs:

We could not complete your purchase.

Xcode can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 12 or later is required.

Then I tried to get older versions of xcode like xcode 11, but it comes up with this:

In order to use “Xcode”, you need to update to the latest version.

The version of Xcode installed on this Mac is not compatible with macOS Big Sur. Download the latest version for free from the App Store.

My mac is

macOS Big Sur, Version 11.6.7

M1 Chip

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:09 PM

Seems like Apple has made it harder to see the details for the older versions. It used to be easy to see the requirements. Since v14 is listed as "Beta" and mentions Venture, then It appears v13 is the current version for Monterey, so I would assume v12 would be compatible with Big Sur. @Rudegar has already provide the necessary links.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 5:09 PM in response to DylanMewett

Seems like Apple has made it harder to see the details for the older versions. It used to be easy to see the requirements. Since v14 is listed as "Beta" and mentions Venture, then It appears v13 is the current version for Monterey, so I would assume v12 would be compatible with Big Sur. @Rudegar has already provide the necessary links.

Xcode isnt Installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.