Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID / Family Sharing

Hi, my wife and I shared her apple ID for years and purchases lots of stuff on itunes etc. Unfortunately she passed away a few years ago and I have continued to use her ID on the ipad, however I have just purchased a new iPhone and had to create my own ID, but now I cannot get to the extensive music we purchased. Is there a way I can transfer the music to my new ID and close my wife's?

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 6:14 AM

No you cannot transfer purchases between Apple IDs

You could setup a Family Sharing group (free) between the two Apple IDs and enable Purchase Sharing. You can find out from this support page what can and can't be shared with Purchase Sharing: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support. I believe this will work, however, I'm not sure since it's a previous purchase.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 6:14 AM in response to Liam_J_L_H

No you cannot transfer purchases between Apple IDs

You could setup a Family Sharing group (free) between the two Apple IDs and enable Purchase Sharing. You can find out from this support page what can and can't be shared with Purchase Sharing: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support. I believe this will work, however, I'm not sure since it's a previous purchase.

Apple ID / Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.