Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen not working but can hear sound

Over the last couple of days my iPad screen would stop responding and the screen would go a dark blue, I know it’s unlocked as when I press the lock button at the top the screen would go black like it would normally, I can’t get into my iPad, I’ve tried holding down the home button and the lock button but I can hold it down for a minute and still nothing happens, I’ve tried doing these separately and still nothing, it will normally come back after a couple of hours but I need help to fix the problem, also yes it is charged

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:42 AM

if it was me then I would

try restarting the ios device Force restart iPhone - Apple Support and check if it resolved it if it did not

then I would try Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - Apple Support if that did not resolve it then I would

contact apple about repair Contact - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 8:42 AM in response to Steph-89-

if it was me then I would

try restarting the ios device Force restart iPhone - Apple Support and check if it resolved it if it did not

then I would try Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support - Apple Support if that did not resolve it then I would

contact apple about repair Contact - Official Apple Support

iPad screen not working but can hear sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.