Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export password from Safari

How can I export the passwords from Safari (MacOs Catalina)?

It seems I don't have the File>Export>passwords option! If I click on File it shows only and directly "export bookmarks...". No simple "export"

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:07 AM

Import bookmarks, history, and passwords in Safari on Mac - Apple Support says to use Safari's File menu > Export > Passwords

If you do not have that option you may need a newer macOS version. I'm not sure when that feature was added.

You could also use iCloud Keychain to automatically synchronize your passwords among all your Apple devices: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support. That will work with older macOS versions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 8:07 AM in response to clseven

Import bookmarks, history, and passwords in Safari on Mac - Apple Support says to use Safari's File menu > Export > Passwords

If you do not have that option you may need a newer macOS version. I'm not sure when that feature was added.

You could also use iCloud Keychain to automatically synchronize your passwords among all your Apple devices: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support. That will work with older macOS versions.

Export password from Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.