Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery repair delay

I visited an Apple Genius Bar during Memorial Day weekend to get a battery replacement for my 2019 Macbook Pro 16". I was told at the time they didn't have the battery part in stock, but it would take 3-7 business days for it to come in. Since then, I've received no updates from the store as to what is going on. I've called multiple times, but can only get a hold of general customer service who provide no real information about the status of my repair. I know there are supply chain issues, but it's been almost 6 weeks, so is this a normal wait time right now? I just want to know if this is an issue everywhere or is specific to the Genius Bar I visited and if I should try another one. I'm fine waiting, but the lack of information and updates has made this a very frustrating and disappointing experience so far.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 6:35 AM

Our organization has been waiting on a replacement Battery for the MBPro 16" (2019) laptop since mid-May. The current ETA for our repair is now 7/15 which was just extended by a few days as the last ETA was 7/11 so hopefully for us this means the part is close since it was just a small change to the date this time.

Apple or the AASP should be able to give you Apple's current ETA as Apple is providing this information to AASPs in their service portal. If there is no ETA, then they can definitely contact their service contacts to get an ETA, but the ETA is just an educated guess anyway so don't expect the ETA to mean a whole lot especially for this specific model.

FYI, our organization's other repairs have been performed in much less time (generally 2 to 4 weeks on average depending on the parts needed). This specific 2019 model is the exception.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 6:35 AM in response to kremepuff

Our organization has been waiting on a replacement Battery for the MBPro 16" (2019) laptop since mid-May. The current ETA for our repair is now 7/15 which was just extended by a few days as the last ETA was 7/11 so hopefully for us this means the part is close since it was just a small change to the date this time.

Apple or the AASP should be able to give you Apple's current ETA as Apple is providing this information to AASPs in their service portal. If there is no ETA, then they can definitely contact their service contacts to get an ETA, but the ETA is just an educated guess anyway so don't expect the ETA to mean a whole lot especially for this specific model.

FYI, our organization's other repairs have been performed in much less time (generally 2 to 4 weeks on average depending on the parts needed). This specific 2019 model is the exception.

Jul 10, 2022 9:14 AM in response to kremepuff

kremepuff wrote:

I visited an Apple Genius Bar during Memorial Day weekend to get a battery replacement for my 2019 Macbook Pro 16". I was told at the time they didn't have the battery part in stock, but it would take 3-7 business days for it to come in. Since then, I've received no updates from the store as to what is going on. I've called multiple times, but can only get a hold of general customer service who provide no real information about the status of my repair. I know there are supply chain issues, but it's been almost 6 weeks, so is this a normal wait time right now?

I just want to know if this is an issue everywhere or is specific to the Genius Bar I visited and if I should try another one. I'm fine waiting, but the lack of information and updates has made this a very frustrating and disappointing experience so far.

it is an issue everywhere...Global supply chain

Patience is a virtue.

submit your Apple Feedback: Product Feedback - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Jul 12, 2022 7:15 AM in response to HWTech

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! This was the response I was looking for, just some more general info about ETAs that other people are being told or have experienced.

It turns out that today, I finally did receive an email saying the battery part arrived at the Genius Bar I visited, so I can now take it in for repair. So for anyone else who reads this thread, seems the current wait time for the 2019 MBP batteries is ~6 weeks.

Battery repair delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.