Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I move scanned photos from the Desktop folder to the Library?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 9:46 AM

The easiest way may be to select all the pictures you want to move and then drag them to the Photos icon on the dock. Photos will open and show you the Import page. If you have your pictures in folders, then Photos asks if you want to Keep Folder Organization. If you say yes, the Mac folders of pictures will go into albums with the same name (which, weirdly, are inside of folders of that same name.)

Another option is to choose File>Import and follow the dialog to locate the photos you want to import.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 9:46 AM in response to luanne70

The easiest way may be to select all the pictures you want to move and then drag them to the Photos icon on the dock. Photos will open and show you the Import page. If you have your pictures in folders, then Photos asks if you want to Keep Folder Organization. If you say yes, the Mac folders of pictures will go into albums with the same name (which, weirdly, are inside of folders of that same name.)

Another option is to choose File>Import and follow the dialog to locate the photos you want to import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.