Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop apps running in the background

My iPad’s battery won’t hold a charge & may be due to an app running in the background.

iPad

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:13 PM

Generally speaking, apps in the background are not running and should not be running your battery down. If you've owned your iPad a few years, batteries lose their ability to hold the same charge they did when new.

That said, you can force close apps if you think it will help you --> Close an app on your iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 12:13 PM in response to Chloerita

Generally speaking, apps in the background are not running and should not be running your battery down. If you've owned your iPad a few years, batteries lose their ability to hold the same charge they did when new.

That said, you can force close apps if you think it will help you --> Close an app on your iPad - Apple Support

Jul 10, 2022 12:43 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you. Apple keeps telling me my “battery health” is fine. I can’t do anything (minimal activity) w/o the battery depleting quickly regardless if it is plugged in or not. Self help in Apple had me check some stuff & the data shows “Spotify” is running in the background for 4-6 hrs. I use it 1-1/2 hrs a day, swipe to close it out etc. my old iPad was doing g this same thing & it was the battery. Appreciate your comments

How to stop apps running in the background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.