Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect sony wireless headphones to my 2010 iMac?

Wired headphones work through the socket, but I can't find out how to connect my Sony wireless headphones to my 2010 iMac. Any guidance would be appreciated. Best wishes Amer

iMac

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 7:21 AM

Although one can state that Bluetooth is backwards compatible, the WF-1000XM3 has BT 5.0 and that mid-2010 iMac supports BT 2.1+EDR. That is a huge gap in the BT standard, and the BT profile implementations. Your only option may be as a wired headphone. If you have the current firmware in the WF-1000XM3 via the Sony Headphone Connect iOS application, and you cannot get them paired, you probably will not.

You can determine what BT profiles are supported by pressing Option-key + menu > System Information… and from the resulting panel, select Bluetooth. Supported services are the BT profiles available in that iMac. Your headphones support A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP profiles, but there is no telling what versions of these profiles are implemented in either device, and what that portends for interoperability with a 2010 iMac.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 7:21 AM in response to Amersaad

Although one can state that Bluetooth is backwards compatible, the WF-1000XM3 has BT 5.0 and that mid-2010 iMac supports BT 2.1+EDR. That is a huge gap in the BT standard, and the BT profile implementations. Your only option may be as a wired headphone. If you have the current firmware in the WF-1000XM3 via the Sony Headphone Connect iOS application, and you cannot get them paired, you probably will not.

You can determine what BT profiles are supported by pressing Option-key + menu > System Information… and from the resulting panel, select Bluetooth. Supported services are the BT profiles available in that iMac. Your headphones support A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP profiles, but there is no telling what versions of these profiles are implemented in either device, and what that portends for interoperability with a 2010 iMac.

How do I connect sony wireless headphones to my 2010 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.