Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer my photos in Icloud to photos on my Mac?

I don't want to use iCloud to store my. photos. I need to move them from the cloud to photos on my Mac. The computer is backed up to a hard drive on a regular basis. The photos were in photos on the Mac, but when we went to photos today they were not there. They are iCloud. How can I fix this./

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Please read the following support pages for help with this:

1. Download photos to your Mac from iCloud - Apple Support
  2. Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

I hope this solves your problem!

4 replies

Jul 18, 2022 7:33 PM in response to grangold

File import

But:

Images don’t just disappear from the photos app. However, it is possible to have more than one photos library on the mac - most likely you have opened a different one from the one that holds you iCloud photos.

Hold down the option key while starting photos. Is more than one library listed in the resulting pane? If so open each in turn (especially the one noted as the system library) to see if it contains your iCloud photos already.

How can I transfer my photos in Icloud to photos on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.